Don't you just love this holiday feeling - change of location, new smells, new places, escape from the routine? We all need it to recharge the batteries and treat ourselves from time to time. Or maybe you often go away because of your work, you're one of few lucky people who actually travel for living? We all do love traveling, but what if you have a pet at home? You can't always take it with you, especially if you're flying... Also it's not the best to leave the house unattended, the burglars can easily guess which house has been empty for a while, mail by the door, curtains open in the evenings etc. etc.
That's when the house sitter is the perfect solution. A person who will sit at your home and stay with your pets, while you're away. She will water the plants, feed the fish, take the dogs for the walk three times a day and make sure the house is never empty. You don't need to worry about the costs of the dog hotel (which can be astronomical) and risking your pets feel abandoned - have you heard about the dog who actually lost his voice and couldn't bark because his owners went away, and he was left in the kennels? Our pets attach to us and the company.
What to look for when choosing the perfect house sitter? References are important, you want to make sure you pick the right person, who's had the relevant experience. Also handling the pets is essential, so if you have a cat, you want to choose a person who loves and understands cats. If you have more unusual pets, like gerbils, lizzards, rats, or even chickens, make sure the housesitter is used to these. Also, if you have a big garden or a vegetable patch, pick a person who can look after these.
If you are looking for a house sitter, and know the dates required, I would be very happy to take on the assignment. I will be traveling around South America and Caribbean from November 2015 onwards, and would love to find long term house sitting opportunities. What can I offer as a house sitter:
- Looking after your pets of all shapes and personalities
- Friendly attitude and plenty of energy
- Being active and open to new challenges
- Maintaining the garden, cleaning the house and the exterior
- Paying current bills (covering my usage, if on longer assignments)
- Staying home during a day, as I work online
- Full driving licence
- 10 years of working as a hotel receptionist gave me a sense of sole responsibility for the property and the business
- 2 years experience in running a house cleaning business
- Looking after my own home and garden
- Being used to dogs and cats, as I always had these at home, also owned a rat, turtoise and a hamster
- Familiar with farm animals, incl. chickens, pigs, ducks, geese and cows
- Plenty of house sitting practice for family and friends in UK
- References available on request
If you would like to find out more, please contact me below:
Mob.: +44 (0) 7554 004 183